The broadcast feature within Tiled is a great way to present a microapp during a live, online session and allow participants to engage with the microapp directly in real time.
By generating and sharing a link directly from the microapp, the host can enable participants to join a call, view the microapp and co-browse through the microapp while the host is presenting and facilitating the conversation. Afterwards, the pathways that users took through the microapp during the live session can be viewed by the presenter in their engagement analytics in Tiled.
NOTE: At this time, broadcasting is not available through the Native App, however, one can still utilize a tablet and access their Tiled account through the browser to use the broadcasting feature.
To learn how to log in via Okta or another SSO go to: Log in with Okta
Enable the broadcasting feature in your Tiled account:
In order to use the broadcasting feature, it must be enabled at the company-wide account level through a request to Tiled Support by your Tiled Administrator. If you are an admin, you can learn how to enable this feature through this guide: Enabling Broadcasting Functionality for your Company Account
If you are not an admin and do not see the option of creating your custom room url, please contact your Admin for assistance. Once you receive notification that broadcasting is available, be sure to log out, then log back in to your Tiled account.
You can then set up your own individual account:
- Go to your profile button in the top right-hand corner and click on Profile
- In the pop-up box, enter your name in the ‘Custom room url (for synced presentations)’ field
- Click ‘Update Account’ at the bottom
To begin a broadcast session:
- Open the microapp you want your meeting participants to engage with
- Click the Broadcast button in the top right-hand corner of the microapp
- Copy the link that is generated and share with those who will be joining the call.
- If the link is set to Public, then anyone with the link can access the broadcast session
- If the link is set to Private, then a PIN will be generated once the session goes live that users will have to enter in order to access the broadcast
- Click the blue button titled Start Live Session
- Participants can be invited by clicking on the ‘+’ circle at the top, center of the screen
- An invite will then be sent for the participant to join the Live Session
During the broadcast session:
- Once you start the Live Session, you will know your microapp has co-browsing enabled by the blue frame around it.
- Participants who have joined the session are indicated in the middle of the top bar
Presenter only settings are found in the 3-dot menu circle next to the participant indicators in the top middle portion of the screen.
- Private: enabling this feature generates a PIN that participants are required to have to enter the Live Session
- Presenter only: this feature option prevents participants from navigating through the microapp
- Mute all participants / Audio selection
- While audio is available; at this time in the development of the feature, we recommend conducting the audio portion of your call outside of the microapp. If you have any questions about this contact your company admin for best practices.
- Participants clicking through the microapp during the broadcast session are indicated by subtle color spots that appear.
- When you are ready to wrap-up, click the End button on the top right-hand side of the screen
Once the Live Session has ended, the activity and engagement of that session can be viewed in the Insights section of the microapp for those who have a Tiled account.
More information about Engagement Analytics can be found HERE.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support team.