A Video Tile allows you to place a video on a microapp page. You can either add a video asset or specify the URL of a video on YouTube or Vimeo.
Navigate to the desired page of your microapp in the Microapp Builder. Drag a Video Tile ( ) from the tile panel to the desired location on the page, where you can resize it to your specifications or needs. For more information about assets, see Adding Assets to your Microapp.
Do one of the following:
- Drag your video asset (.mp4, .mov, etc.) from the Assets panel to the Video Tile on the page or the outline section of your Video toolbar.
- Copy the URL of the desired video in YouTube or Vimeo and paste it in the URL field of the Video toolbar. Please ensure that your URL begins with https://.
Note: To confirm that you have specified the correct asset or url, click the Preview button.
The Video settings allows you to configure the following options for your video.
- Alter your video
You can change how your video is displayed in the Video settings.
The video is positioned so it fills the entire Video Tile, even if the entire video is not displayed. Fill is selected by default.
The video is sized so that all of the image can be seen in the Video Tile, even if that creates a lot of whitespace.
- Specifying video options
- You can specify the following options for your video:
Specify whether you want the video to start again when it is finished playing.
- Select the check box to repeat the video when it ends.
- Clear the check box to stop the video when it ends.
Specify whether you want the video to automatically play when the viewer opens the page.
- Select the check box to play the video automatically. (default)
- Clear the check box to not play the video automatically.
Specify whether you want to allow the viewer to listen to the audio for the video.
- Select the check box to silence the video. (default)
- Clear the check box to allow the viewer to enable audio when viewing.
Note: To accommodate web browser requirements, you cannot configure your video to automatically play audio. The user must manually enable audio.
Specify whether you want the video to end on the first frame, which would display an image of the first video frame.
Specify whether you want the video to end on the last frame, which would display an image of the last video frame.
- Specify user actions
- You can specify if you want the viewers to be able to interact with the video when they access the page. Click the Actions dropdown list, and select the desired action.
When selected, the viewer cannot interact with the video in the Video Tile.
When selected, the viewer can click the Video Tile to play the video, and then click it a second time to pause the video. This option is selected by default.
When selected, the viewer can click the Video Tile to enlarge the video so that it is as large as the microapp page. When finished viewing the video in full screen, they click the X icon in the upper left corner to return to standard view.
When selected, the viewer can user the video controls to play/pause, go fullscreen, fast forward or rewind, and control the volume.
Make your video tile accessible
You can add a Title to for your video so that users leveraging screen readers can hear a description of the video.
Create a completion event
You can configure the Video Tile as a completion event, so that when the video is played, Tiled records it as a completion event for the microapp. To set the Video Tile as a completion event, move the Completion slider to the right.
Delete a Video Tile
To delete a Video Tile, ensure that the tile is selected and press the DELETE key.
Note: Once a video is placed in a Video Tile, you cannot remove it from the tile, leaving it empty.
Note: While Tiled does not natively support audio, if you want to include an audio file in your microapp, you can do so by converting your audio file to a movie format and utilizing the Video Tile as detailed above.