View common syncing questions around the Tiled plugins
If I have an artboard the size of a microapp adaptive format, what can I expect to happen when syncing?For unsynced artboards, the plugin will detect the artboard size and pre-select the adaptive format it matches to
For synced artboards, the plugin will remember the adaptive format it was previously synced to, at the artboard level, not the design file level
- If I have an artboard the size of a microapp adaptive format, but I don't have the adaptive format created in my microapp, what can I expect to happen when syncing?
The plugin will ask you which existing adaptive format you would like to sync to.
- If I have only one adaptive format for my microapp and select any sized artboards, what can I expect to happen when syncing?
The plugin will recognize you only have one adaptive format and pre-select the adaptive format in the sync modal and the artboards would sync over.
- Will the plugin allow me to sync a desktop-wide and a mobile portrait adaptive format artboard at the same time?
The plugin cannot sync to multiple formats to a microapp at the same time. The designer will have to separate the syncs depending on the format.
If the designer has selected artboards from two different adaptive formats, the syncing modal will prompt the user to select a specific format to sync to.
- If I have selected an artboard the size of a Tiled cover image (252x112), what can I expect to happen when syncing?
The plugin will identify the artboard as a cover image and automatically configure it as the cover image for your microapp in Tiled.
If the artboard has not been previously synced and you have more than one adaptive format, the sync modal will require you to pick an adaptive format. The adaptive format you choose will also have the cover image-sized artboard come over as an asset.
If the artboard has been previously synced, the sync modal will remember the previously synced adaptive format. When syncing is complete you will see the cover image-sized artboard update in Tiled and come over as an asset.
- If I have selected two or more artboards the size of a Tiled cover image (252x112), what can I expect to happen when syncing?
The sync modal will bring both artboards over as assets, but will not automatically configure either as your microapp cover image.
- If I have an artboard that has the same aspect ratio as an adaptive format but the dimensions are not exact, what can I expect to happen when syncing?
The plugin will not be able to detect and pre-select the adaptive format in the sync modal.
The artboard will still come over to Tiled as a page. (this is assuming the adaptive format exists in your microapp).
Note: For more information around syncing check out How syncing works for the Adobe XD and Sketch Tiled plugins