Dynamic Elements are the parts of a microapp which are intended to be personalizable. You can think of dynamic elements as the building blocks of personalization. Each dynamic element should be created with the intention to be modified by base users for personalization. There are 6 types of dynamic elements: text, image, video and URL, phone, and email.
- Create Dynamic Elements
- Types of Dynamic Elements
- Default Values
- Link tiles to Dynamic Elements
- Making dynamic elements as Required
Create Dynamic Elements
- Click Get Started and select from one of the four dynamic elements you want to create.
- Name your dynamic element. Give it a name others will understand.
- Optional: add default values to your dynamic elements. We recommend this.
Types of Dynamic Elements
|Directly type in the text field to set the default value. Must be used with a Text tile.
|Upload an image from your device or paste a URL link for the default value. Must be used with an Image Tile.
Pick the source type (upload or URL) and add a default value. Must be used with the Video Tile.
Note: The source type selected determines the way you can add a default value as well as how instance creators can add video assets, unlike dynamic image tiles. For example, if the source is uploaded here, the instance creator can only add a video asset by uploading from their device and vice versa.
Paste an embed or external specific URL link to set the default. Must be used with the Embed, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, and single Hotspot tiles.
Note: The default value for each dynamic element is displayed in two places. If the dynamic element is expanded the default value will display below. If it is not expanded the default value will display to the right.
|Add a phone number to set the default. Must be used with single hotspot tiles.
Add an email address to set the default. Must be used with single hotspot tiles.
*There is no limit to the number dynamic elements you can include in your microapp.
Default values will be visible when you link a tile to a dynamic element. When creating a dynamic field and no default value is provided the following will occur in the respective areas of the product:
- In the builder, the tile will display a placeholder illustration to help the editor quickly identify it is dynamic.
- In the builder preview, the tile will not be visible.
- When viewing the microapp in the library viewer the tile will not be visible.
- When editing an instance in the library viewer (edit mode), users can expect the tile to behave like a normal dynamic tile (outlined in blue, ability to replace etc.).
Link tiles to dynamic elements
- Once your dynamic elements have been created exit out of the microapp settings modal and start adding one of the four tiles you created dynamic elements for (text, image, video and URL).
- With a tile you wish to make dynamic selected, you will see a new option to Make this dynamic. Turn the toggle on.
- A dropdown will appear with all of the tile-related dynamic field names you created.
- Finish configuring each tile using the flyout as normal.
Note: Only single hotspots can be marked dynamic.
Make dynamic elements Required
Editors creating dynamic elements for a microapp have the ability to mark any dynamic element as required. This ensures users fill out necessary dynamic fields before sharing a personalized instance.
- Go to the Tiled Builder.
- Click the gear icon to open the Microapp Settings modal.
- Click the Personalization tab.
- Expand the dynamic element intended to be required.
- There is a Required toggle at the bottom. Turn the toggle on.
Once the toggle is turned on, you will see a red icon indicating this dynamic field will be required before sharing.