"Syncing" is the process of uploading your artboards from Adobe XD, Figma or Sketch to the Tiled Builder through the Tiled Plugin. Syncing significantly improves the speed of creating microapps by allowing designers to move seamlessly from design tool to Tiled Builder.
When syncing from your design tool to Tiled, you can bring over your artboards/frames.
- Artboards or frames are synced as microapp assets. However, the artboards or frames that match the size of the microapp adaptive format will also be used to create microapp pages (the assets will be configured as background images for the pages).
Smart Syncing Artboards or Frames
Smart syncing takes out a few steps of the syncing process for you automatically, by predetermining where and how to sync your artboard or frame based on size.
1. Cover image: The plugin will detect the artboard or frame size that matches the Tiled cover image (252x112) and sync it as an asset as well as automatically configure it as a microapp cover in Tiled
2. Unsynced artboards or frames: The plugin will detect the artboard size and pre-select the adaptive format it matches too
3. Previously synced artboards or frames: The plugin will remember the adaptive format it was previously synced too, at the artboard or frame level, (not the design file level)
'Smart Syncing' does not apply to Figma at this time. Please check back for updates.
⚠️ Important Note
If you create an artboard or frame that has the same aspect ratio as a microapp adaptive format, but the dimensions are not exact, the following will happen:
- The plugin will not be able to detect and pre-select the adaptive format in the sync modal
- The artboard or frame will still come over to Tiled as a page (this is assuming the adaptive format exists in your microapp)
Assign Library category for a microapp from the plugin
Assigning existing categories and creating new categories help streamline your design flow. This process is expedited even further by assigning microapps to categories from the plugin when syncing. You must be an Admin or Editor in your Tiled account to access the Tiled plugin.
- Login to the Tiled plugin.
- In the plugin side panel click +New to create a new microapp. You will see a dropdown labeled Tiled category in the New Microapp modal.
- Click the Tiled category dropdown.
- If you do not see a category for your microapp, select Create a new category, otherwise proceed to step 6.
- Name the new category. Be sure you have the correct library selected.
- Click Create.
- The microapp will be created in the library and category you have selected. Note: the microapp has not been published yet. The microapp will only be visible admins or editors, until published.
Plugin UI may vary
Sketch and Figma versions will appear nearly identical to the Adobe XD plugin.
Tiled Plugins FAQs
To get started with our Tiled plugins read the Adobe XD, Figma, or Sketch articles.
For unsynced artboards, the plugin will detect the artboard size and pre-select the adaptive format it matches too.
For synced artboards, the plugin will remember the adaptive format it was previously synced to, at the artboard level, not the design file level.
The artboard will still come over to Tiled as a page. (this is assuming the adaptive format exists in your microapp).
Please sign in to leave a comment.